It hard to believe that the last post was on June 29th. I am sorry that I have not posted sooner, but I have been savoring every minute with precious Lizzie. Its so hard to believe that Lizzie is almost 4 months old at this point! She is growing like a weed and do something new every day! She is really amazing to watch. On the developmental front Lizzie has rolled over, laughs, and smiles often! She is holding on to toys and is definitely engaged when you play with her! She is sleeping great at night and some days she sleeps better than others during the day! She is very nosey and has trouble falling asleep if there is anything going on. She is doing better little by little with her naps! I think daycare will be a huge help in getting her into a routine too!
We went to visit the Collins family in early July and enjoyed seeing everyone in Western MA. Its so much fun to see all of the babies together too! We also went to Long Island for a family party. It was nice to see the Myers and Lizzie got to meet some of her cousins that she had not met! We also took Lizzie to Mystic. We had hoped to go to the Seaport and the Aquarium, but we only made it to the Aquarium. Lizzie really enjoyed looking at the fish that were brightly colored. She was such a good girl! We have also been spending a lot of time with our new friends that we met through our pediatrician's office. We went to a group for new moms and we have met so many great people to spend time with. We have graduated from the group, but we still see our friends often. In fact, Lizzie will be going to daycare with at least one of the babies and hopefully 2 other babies will be able to get in as well!
I started going back to work in the office part time for August. Last week was a really tough week for me. Stefanie (Lizzie's aunt) came to watch her so that I could go to work and that was great! Thank you Stef! She will be back this week for a few days too. I knew it would be hard to miss the days with Lizzie and I have shed a lot of tears throughout the last week. I know that in time it will get easier, but man this is hard! I love the time that I spend with Lizzie and I am going to miss it when I am back to work full time. We do know that she will be in good hands and in a great environment which does make me feel better. I am also going to be working from 7am - 3:30 or 4pm so I will be able to get in a few good hours with her before she goes to bed! We will make it work! I am not looking forward to Sept. 2nd. That will be the first day that Lizzie starts daycare. I do think that it will be good to get into a routine though. Finding the right childcare has turned out to be one of the most difficult tasks. I always knew that it would be tough to leave a baby to go back to work, but it is much more difficult than I ever imagined. I have so much respect for all of the women who work and have gone through this already. I know that being a stay at home mom is no easy task, but not staying home is not easy either!
We hope everyone is enjoying the summer!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment